Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Title not showing on custom taxonomy archive pages

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by janelY 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
taxonomy-layout-wp-tools-results.png
taxonomy-layout-wp-tools.png

I am trying to:
Show taxonomy fields on the corresponding archive page. Especially the corresponding taxonomy page title.

I visited this URL:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The current taxonomy title, corresponding image field and description to show.

Instead, I got:
it showing multiple results.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

What if you try to add shortcode [wpv-taxonomy-title] outside your taxonomy loop to dispaly taxonomy title?
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-taxonomy-title

2017-06-21_20-43-02.png
2017-06-21_20-41-59.png

Thank you for your reply. I tried adding it. The header tag is there but nothing is populating inside. (screenshots attached)

Also, is it possible to display the taxonomy fields and description? I am able to show it but it pulls in others also, but I'm not sure why. In the picture I attached before, it is the archive page for "Build Strong Organizations" but it also showing the description and taxonomy field for "Engage your Community". There are 5 other categories in this taxonomy.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Can I have problem URL and temporary access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Dear Janel,

I tried the access codes you provided in the "Private message", it does not work, I get this error message:
Incorrect Password

Please check it. thanks

I apologize, I updated my last message with the corrected password. Thank you.

thanks for the details, I assume we area talking about the layout "Focus Area" in your website, I have add a visual editor cell in it, with below codes:

<p>wpv-archive-title: [wpv-archive-title]<br />
nex-org-cover-image:[types field='nex-org-cover-image' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='full' align='none'][/types]</p>

Please test again, check if is what you need.

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-archive-title
This shortcode displays the title of the WordPress archive page.

taxonomy-description.png

Thank you! This worked for the title. How do I show the corresponding Taxonomy Description and Image field (added field)?

What is inputted here: hidden link

Thank you so much!

There isn't such a shortcode can output the taxonomy Description in the archive page, I suggest you create a taxonomy view to display what you want, for example:
1) Create a taxonomy view, query the terms of your custom taxonomy, filter with:
Taxonomy is set by the page where this View is inserted

2) In the section "Loop Output Editor", display these:
Taxonomy Description: [wpv-taxonomy-description]
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-taxonomy-description
My term image: [types termmeta='my-term-image' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='thumbnail' align='none' resize='proportional'][/types]
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#image
Please replace "my-term-image" with your image slug

3) Then put above taxonomy view into the wordpress archive

Thank you for your reply.

This is what I have. The problem is, is the it's pulling in the incorrect image and description for some of them.

Here is a direct link to the view: hidden link

An example is this Increase Safety which is loading Building Communities description and image: hidden link

Thanks for the details, I am checking it in your website, will feedback if there is anything found

I need your permission to deactivate plugins and switch themes, please backup your website site first, thanks

Hi, you have permission.

I have made below modifications in your website:
1) Add below codes into your theme/functions.php:

add_shortcode('archive-term-id', 'archive_term_id_func');
function archive_term_id_func($atts, $content){
	 $queried_object = get_queried_object();
	 $res = '';
	 if(isset($queried_object->term_id)){
		 $res = $queried_object->term_id;
	 }
	 return $res;
}

It will be able to output the term of ID of current taxonomy archive page

2) Modify the view "FA - Featured Image":
hidden link
Change the filter to:
Taxonomy term ID is set by the shortcode attribute "terms"

3) Modify the layout "Focus Area":
hidden link
replace the view cell with a visual editor cell, with below shortcode:
[wpv-view name="fa-featured-image" terms="[archive-term-id]"]

4) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> Front-end Content
in section "Third-party shortcode arguments", add the shortcode name "archive-term-id"

Please test again, check if it is fixed or not, thanks

Thank you!! That fixed it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.