Skip Navigation

[Resolved] This page can't load Google Maps correctly

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: Load a distance map

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link and hidden link

I expected to see: The distance map with pins without the popup message: hidden link

Instead, I got: A popup message: hidden link with the map underneath

This has been working for years. Just started to get this message today.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I'll recommend checking the status of your website's Google Maps API key, by using the "Check API" button at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> Maps.

From the error message in the browser's console, it seems that the website is using a very old API key, where the billing details are not updated/linked.

Here are some useful guides on creating the Google Maps API key and linking billing details:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-maps-api-key/#creating-an-api-key-for-google-maps
hidden link

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

check-google-map-api.JPG

Hi,
Our credit card expired and we have added a new credit card to the account now. But are still getting the error message.
When I do a Check API now I get the message:
[object Object]
Any idea why that would be and how to fix it?
Thank you for your help.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, so that I can check the website's settings in the admin area?

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

When I used the "Check API" button, I saw this message:

"REQUEST_DENIED - You must enable Billing on the Google Cloud Project at hidden link Learn more at hidden link"

( screenshot: hidden link )

This suggests that the correct payment/billing information still hasn't been updated with the Google Maps API project from where this API key has been generated.

I'll recommend deleting this API key and generating a new one and if the payment/billing error persists, you can consult the official support of the Google Maps Platform.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.