Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The WordPress Archive for my custom post Articles shows 'no results'

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by AlimB3245 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screenshot 2020-07-07 18.16.04.png

I am trying to: Create a wordpress archive for my custom post ARTICLES and inspite of articles existing it shows a message that "There were no posts found to display for this WordPress Archive's query."... it's working properly in another subsite where I have the same posts and the same archives..

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a view with some 'posts' being displayed

Instead, I got: a message saying "There were no posts found to display for this WordPress Archive's query." when posts do exist

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alim,

I see that this is a multisite. Do you have the same plugins/themes installed on the subsite ?

If not could you disable the ones that are different and let me know if the issue still remains?

From there I can have a deeper look at the issue for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Thanks for the update..:-)..

Yes, it's a multisite.. and the same plugins are installed on all subsites..

But I was wrong when I mentioned that it's fine on the other sub-site.. I realise the issue is now universal for all subsite.. what WORDPRESS ARCHIVES had created in the past are all fine but newer ones are not being created..

So I did a plugin test.. and funnily it seems to work on the staging site but not on the production site.. after the plugin test on staging.. I duplicated the production server again to staging .. and it seems to work fine on staging... pretty confused right now..;-)..

Please help..

Regards,
Alim

Hi Shane

I realise that it's not just WORDPRESS ARCHIVES.. I can't seem to create any VIEWS

they tend to get saved in this format with a suffix of "-preview-[random-number]

"Current Issue Cover-preview-1594211798"

And they are not editable (in the VIEWS menu) nor can be saved if you try to edit in the Block Editor (in the CONTENT TEMPLATE menu)

Please do advise.. would appreciate if you could log in to check and issue yourself and get a clearer understanding of the issue.

Regards,
Alim

Screenshot 2020-07-08 21.36.01.png

Just in case it helps.. when I created a new view on a page.. it didn't publish the page..

but the VIEW got saved (with the message that it can't be edited) - screenshot attached..

and the error in Console was this

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()

and this was the link next to this error

hidden link

Hope this helps..

Please do advise on how to fix this issue..

Regards,
Alim

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alim,

I'm assuming that your site that it works on is running on a completely different server environment?

Also am I free to disable/enable plugins on the site that you sent me ? I would like to run some tests to see if I can find anything that could be the cause of the issue.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Yes you are free to enable/disable plugins.. no worries..

Please send me the option to send you the login credentials.

Regards,
Alim

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alim,

Here are the private fields.

Hi Shane

Any update?

Please do let me know..

Regards,
Alim

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alim,

No update as yet. From what I can see tho, there seems to be something blocking the view from generating the archive loop section in the Gutenburg editor.

Perhaps there might be something on the Server's php log that could let us know if there is an error being thrown.

Can you get in touch with your hosting and ask them to provide you with the server's php logs so that I can have a look to see if anything jumps out.

Also if your server has the option, try cycling through the different PHP versions that they have available and try recreating your archive.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

As per your suggestion I have downloaded the PHP Error logs and you will find them at this dropbox link

hidden link

Just before downloading them I recreated the ERROR by going to this link
hidden link
to create a WORDPRESS ARCHIVE of 'Articles' custom post.

It was around this time.. [10-Jul-2020 01:24:14 UTC]

My hosting is on WPMU and I can give you access to view the logs and other stuff on my hosting. Send me a private message option and I'll share the details if you need it.

Please do try and resolve this asap.. as there's some stuff pending for other views.. right now I can't make any edit on any view.. whenever I try to do this it doesn't allow me to UPDATE as the button becomes inactive.

Regards,
Alim

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alim,

While i'm working to help resolve this issue, you do have the option to edit your archive using the Classic version of the custom archive.

To do this you can go to Toolset -> Settings and scroll to "Editing experience". From there select the option " Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build". Then when the option for "Editor to use for WordPress Archives" select Classic Editor.

From there when you create your custom archives they should be created using the classic editor. However you still have the option to use the block editor where when you click on the block editor button in the archive content template.

Please let me know if this workaround is suitable for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Thanks for the update.. and the workaround..:-)..

it worked for the Articles Archive that I wanted to create..

hidden link

Once the issue is resolved, I'll work on the block editor..;-).. it's more comfortable..;-)..

But I have a similar issue with Content Templates.. I can't make any changes or update them in the block editor.. it's the same issue.. the UPDATE button is deactivated on any changes I make..:-(.. I think it'll get resolved at the same time when you fix the WORDPRESS ARCHIVES/VIEWS issue.. but for now, is there a workaround for this that you could suggest? I wanted to update this content template (link below) but could not update it..

hidden link

Please advise.

Regards,
Alim

Hi Shane

Please do advise on the status of the issue.. I have been working on the site where it's possible but some parts like the VIEWS and some CONTENT TEMPLATES are proving to be show-stoppers ...

Looking forward to a quick resolution.

Regards,
Alim

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.