Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The Social Share block text and background color

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi Support.

The toolset social share blog is very basic. There are no settings fro changing the icon text / Background colors?

Do you have a suggestion on the best approach for doing this with the toolset social share block?

Is CSS the only option?

Cheers

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You can actually customize the image and some settings. Check this screenshot hidden link

You can also customize the size and the alignment of the icon. But more than that will need either custom CSS or custom Javascript.

Otherwise, you can drop the block and build your own share buttons using HTML and Toolset shortcodes. Check this reply https://toolset.com/forums/topic/displaying-social-media-icon/#post-1893041

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or more details to add to your initial question.

Ok.

Perhaps I should include an image of how it looks in my content template.

hidden link

The icons are white with no background (Transparent), and I find it odd that there is no option in the block you can use to change the background color.

Cheers.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Thank you for your feedback.

Currently, the social icons are generated using CSS. And the social icons are SVG images. Check this screenshot hidden link
This means that they can be customized using CSS and SVG. But, note that Transparency is not part of the SVG specification even if some browsers support it https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18580389/svg-transparent-background-web

Let me escalate this as a feature request to our 2nd Tier. But, I can't tell if we will handle it or when we will do it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.