Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The images from the Gallery block are not displayed in frontend

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Otranto_il_22_agosto_Nicola_Piovani_in_La_musica_è_pericolosa_InOnda_Eventi.png

I am trying to:
I have created a site that has one gallery in sidebar (called #SALENTOTERAPIA) and one gallery inside the posts

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link on the right sidebar (see the attached image)
hidden link (see the attached image)

I expected to see: the images inside the gallery

Instead, I got: a blank space but analyzing the gallery with the block in the HTML and CSS the images are there, but I cannot see them.
This issue has arrived after the last Toolset plugins update.

What could be the issue?

Hi, I'll be glad to take a look. Can you explain where I will find the two Slider Blocks in wp-admin? I am unsure where to find the sidebar slider. Can you show me where to find that?

I found a Content Template applied to the single post here: https://eventi.inonda.tv/wp-admin/post.php?post=77784&action=edit
But I'm a bit confused about where to find the Slider block. Is it in a reusable block, or in another Content Template?

Hi Christian,
this is the link of the View of the sidebar Gallery: hidden link
this is the link of the Content Template of the sidebar Gallery: hidden link

this is the link of the Content Template of the Evento Gallery: hidden link

this is the link of the Content Template of the sidebar block in homepage: hidden link

this is the link of the Content Template of the sidebar block in CPTs: hidden link

I hope that these helps you!

Thanks, I'm still investigating this but my day is closing. I'll give you an update in the morning when I return to work.

It's a pretty complex setup, but in my local tests I'm not able to replicate this issue. I've set up nested templates and Views like you have implemented on your site, but the image slider is always shown as expected. I suspect there is something else going on. Do you have a staging site available where I can temporarily deactivate the theme and plugins to run more tests? If not, can I create a clone of this site using the Duplicator plugin?

2-Otranto_il_22_agosto_Nicola_Piovani_in_La_musica_è_pericolosa_InOnda_Eventi.png

Hi Christian,
thank you for your reply.
I have updated View to the 3.3.4 version and now I can see the images in the slider.
But, in the slider in the sidebar now appear an HTML code on top of the slider about the left button of the slider... (see the attached image)
What could be the issue now?

P.S. Why View is not updated using the repository but now it needs to be updated manually?

Thank you

I have solved the issue by making a save to the Gallery Content Template.

Okay I'm glad you were able to get this solved.
P.S. Why View is not updated using the repository but now it needs to be updated manually?
I've noticed this as well, and our developers have explained that the Views plugin has been removed from the Toolset Installer screen in Plugins > Add New > Commercial tab because Toolset Blocks plugin Users were installing both Blocks and Views, and getting confused. Now only Toolset Blocks is available in the automatic installer. A side effect of removing the Views plugin from the installer is that plugin updates are not "pushed" in wp-admin, and the Views plugin must be updated manually. The long-term plan is to add a separate screen in the Installer for legacy plugins like Views and Layouts, where updates will be more easily managed. Sorry for the inconvenience, but a manual process is required at this point until the long-term solution is developed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.