Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Text goes vertical on iPad/iPhone on page in Views shortcode

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beth 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
IMG_1690.JPG
IMG_1688.JPG

I am trying to: I have a view/template dynamically showing service opportunities on about 20 committee pages via a shortcode. That part is working fine. It's the display on my iPad and also on my iPhone. Don't know about Android. The text is collapsing to the left vertically.

I visited this URL: hidden link (all the committee pages are doing the same thing) My site is under construction and not published, I can provide login credentials if necessary.

I expected to see: The image 1688. When I first load the page, this is indeed briefly what I see, the title of the Service opportunity and the information that follows, horizontally and readable.

Instead, I got: The image 1690. When I scroll down past the Service Opportunities section, or sometimes even near it, the whole section collapses to the left and all the text goes vertical. On my iPhone, it happens instantly. The correct layout shows for an instant, then it collapses to the vertical left.

All other text and layout of the page is fine, so I don't see this being a theme issue. By the way, these images were right side up when I uploaded them, sorry for the left orientation.

A bit more information, my Committee pages are a Post Type displayed with a Content Template.

Yes, I will need login details to see this happen-

But most probably this is due to the HTML / CSS you added to the Content template, or your theme is aggressively breaking lines on smaller screens.

Please try first this steps:

1. Does it happen with Toolset only and a WordPress Default Theme

If not, re-introduce the Theme and see if it happens again

If so, please refer to the Theme developer to solve this issue.

2. If the issue still appears with above minimal setup, I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would, if possible, need access to a site where only a minimal set of Plugins and a default theme is active.
This to avoid eventual compatibility issues with other software.

✙ Please add the Links to:

- The Content Template Edit Screen

- The Page/Post where this happens

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you for your patience.

I have the same content template used in two places. My full single page (where it worked fine) and dynamically inside the parent type (where it broke). I'm actually going to scrap this part. It isn't important enough to my website to make you do all this work when you can be helping someone else.

If it happens again with something more crucial, I'll come back for help.
Thanks!

I think I know what I did. I had the view called as a widget in the body of each of my committee pages instead of as part of the content template. I'm going to play with it and see if I can get it to work.

I got it working! The view for some reason didn't like being contained in a widget called by a shortcode. I moved it to my content template and it works great now. Cheers!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.