Skip Navigation

[Closed] Taxonomy filter not working properly with multiple views in one page

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:
We have multiple views on one-page same post types but different filters
We have added a taxonomy filter using the radio button but as you click the radio labels on the second view it goes back to the 1st view and 2nd view filter is not working unless you click on the circle radio button itself weird that when clicking the radio button circle is working but the labels are not, can you help us solve this, please?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

From the page's markup, it seems that these views are using the custom HTML structure for the view search forms. The IDs and labels used for the fields in these two forms are the same when they should be unique ( for example: 'resources_category-blogs-articles' ).

Can you please update them so that those IDs are not the same in these views and then test this again?

Tip: To make them unique, you can include the view's ID at the end of those IDs, for example, 'resources_category-blogs-articles-754' and 'resources_category-blogs-articles-827'.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

view-filter.jpg

Hi Waqar thank you for that
But not sure how I will be able to update those ID's since the filter for those taxonomies is generated by the toolset using this shortcode
[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="resources_category" type="radios" default_label="All" output="legacy" url_param="wpv-resources_category"]

I have 2 same views but they only differ in tags using filter
Showing the same posts but just filtered thru custom tags

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for waiting as I performed some tests on my website with similar views and filters.

I couldn't reproduce this behavior on my test website, which suggests that something specific to your website is involved.

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need to see how these views are set up in the admin area. You're welcome to share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message. I'll also need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website, in case it needs to be investigated on a different server.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

The topic ‘[Closed] Taxonomy filter not working properly with multiple views in one page’ is closed to new replies.