Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Taxonomy Archive Display Issue

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lindaC 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Opera Snapshot_2020-06-28_221942_glindacreative.com.png
Opera Snapshot_2020-06-28_215728_glindacreative.com.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Above the loop for a taxonomy archive (project type), I want to show the name of the taxonomy (term name), and description. I had it working, but then I tried to change some styling, moved some elements around, deleted and remade the elements, and now I cannot get it to reappear no matter how I try to create it!

It appears just fine in the editor, but not on the front end. Caching does not seem to be the answer, because I can insert a general paragraph above the loop. I can see the element is there with it's styling in the page inspector, but the content is not pulled in.

I made sure that I didn't somehow change the loop selection to anything besides the taxonomy I'm working on.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No documentation I found showed how to put dynamic content above the loop for an archive.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link Here's one of the taxonomy pages.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Linda

I'm not sure how you did it before, as it's not yet supported in Blocks.

When on a taxonomy archive, right now the way to output details of the current taxonomy (such as the title, or the description, or a term meta field) is to use the wpv-taxonomy-* shortcodes (https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-taxonomy-title).

There isn't block support for outputting those yet.

What you can do is add a block that supports HTML (e.g. WordPress's own Custom HTML block) and manually add the shortcodes (with whatever markup is required).

You should be able to use the "Add Other Blocks" button to insert such a block and move it if needed.

My issue is resolved now.
Yes thank you that MUST be what I had figured out before and then somehow lost the thread on it when I moved things around. I got too deep in the weeds to undo back to the functional state.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.