Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Tags having apostrophe dnt show up in the edit screen

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

This is a followup of the ticket i raised and i think it is a Toolset BUG.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/tags-are-not-visible/

Whenever a Tag has an apostrophe like lets assume there is a tag named "Queen's Winery", then it doesn't show up as selected in the EDIT screen on the frontend. For example: hidden link
hidden link

But posts with normal tags without apostrophe, shows up normally as it should be.
hidden link

This seems like a Toolset Bug.

I am seeing this issue too. Can you please verify it's a Toolset bug and resolve?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The screenshots that you shared no longer seem to be accessible, and, I couldn't reproduce this issue during my initial tests.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the exact steps to see the issue?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

During further testing, I was able to reproduce this issue on my test website as well. If a term in flat/non-hierarchal taxonomy (like Tags), includes an apostrophe character, it breaks the display of selected terms for that taxonomy in the post edit form.
(not only does this term with apostrophe doesn’t show, but any other selected terms without an apostrophe won’t show either)

I've shared these findings with the concerned team and will keep you updated through this ticket.

I'm afraid, the only workarounds, for now, would be either switching to the hierarchal taxonomy or avoiding the use of terms with apostrophes.