Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Matching "Looking for" and "I am" taxonomies

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by francescoG-3 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Let me take a look, but you will need to remind me where to look.

The template for single profiles is Modello di contenuto per Singoli Profili CPT. That is where you are inserting this, yes?

What exactly did you insert where?

Hi Nigel,
thanks for your reply.

So the View that I have used is

{!{wpv-view name='lista-carousel-per-relazione-profili-logged-in-user'}!}

and it is used into "Modello di contenuto per Mio Profilo" that it should be the default Profile CPT posts Template.

Nigel
Supporter

Did you remove the View from the template because I don't see it when I look at a profile.

In any case, I looked at that View and I spotted a couple of issues.

1. see the screenshot. This would prevent the View from finding the profile post of the current user if the user was looking at their own profile. I unchecked the option since it is not needed.

2. Where you inserted the second view you need to be careful with quotation marks.

You used only single quote marks like this:

[wpv-view name='matching-items-carousel' wpvsesso='[wpv-post-taxonomy type='sesso' format='slug']' wpvcerco='[wpv-post-taxonomy type='cerco' format='slug']']

The single quotes used in the wpv-post-taxonomy shortcodes break how the wpvsesso and wpvcerco shortcodes are inserted, which need different quotes, e.g.

[wpv-view name='matching-items-carousel' wpvsesso="[wpv-post-taxonomy type='sesso' format='slug']" wpvcerco="[wpv-post-taxonomy type='cerco' format='slug']"]

Does that make sense? Can you test the View now?

Hi Nigel,
thanks for your reply.
It doesn't work, I have always "No items found" message...

So, I think I have solved the "issue", but I don't close the thread because I think there are other issues...
So, in the View there was a Query Filter only for Published Profile CPT post... and My Profile CPT post, where the View take the value, was in Draft mode, and than I have "no Items found" message. Now I have set the Query fiter to "any".
And for all Profile CPT posts I have set again the "Modello di contenuto per Singoli Profili CPT" Content template.
When, for My Profile page, remain the "Modello di contenuto per Mio Profilo" Content Template.

So, for now, it works fine!!!

Nigel
Supporter

OK!

Good, so we can close this particular issue?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.