Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Map results with the same location

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Jim

Hi again Waqar.

I think I figured out the issue. There was a discrepancy in the Custom Field slug of the Address.

This brings to light another issue though. My custom type is a Therapist, which people search for. There can be multiple Therapists at the same Business Address. On the map, only one Therapist will show at a specific location/address; they must be exactly overlapping..? Or is the first one replaced?

Is there a way around this? Can I show all of the Therapists at the location on the map?

In the included photo, both Therapists have the same address listed and only the second one will display on the map.

Jim

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

screenshot-map-spiderfy.png

Hi Jim,

If your map has marker locations that are very close to each other or share the same coordinates, you can turn on the 'spiderfy' option in the map's settings.
( example screenshot attached )

You can also add the spiderfy="on" attribute in the 'wpv-map-render' shortcode for the map, like this:

[wpv-map-render map_id="map-1" spiderfy="on"][/wpv-map-render]

This will make sure that all close-range map markers are rendered individually in a spider/mesh-like formation.

regards,
Waqar

Jim

Thanks Waqar! That's great! I wasn't aware of that setting. I've added it to my wpv-map-render shortcode and it appears to work quite well.

Is this feature configurable? eg. Can I increase the distance between the markers? I'd like the to be spread out a bit more.

Jim

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and glad that it works.

The 'spiderfy' feature is not configurable and the distance between the markers is managed automatically.

Jim

Thanks Waqar.

What do I add to the wpv-map-render shortcode to achieve the setting "Always show each marker separately"?

I'm struggling a bit to find a combination of clustering and spiderfy that works well with my setup.

Waqar
Supporter

To enforce the setting "Always show each marker separately", you can set the cluster="off".
( but by default if you don't include the 'cluster' attribute in the shortcode, it will be treated as off )

To find the right combination of the clustering and the spiderfy effect, you can adjust the 'cluster_max_zoom' value, as suggested in this forum reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/spiderfy-does-not-work-if-cluster-is-on/#post-1597697

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.