Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: How to show subjects hierarchy

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ramez-refaatG 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Another issue in this same case....
I the page that shows the subjects hierarchy, we want to show the 2nd generation (if present) of the 1st geberation inside the same subject with the same collapsible menu way:
Subject A
- 1st Generation
- - 2nd Geberation
Please help doing that.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

To show the next level of hierarchy for the subject taxonomy terms, you can follow these steps:

1. Copy the content from the "Loop Editor" section of the parent view "Parent - Public - Ar - Subjects 2" and place it in the "Loop Editor" section of the child view "Child - Public - Ar - Subjects 2".

2. Next, in the "Loop Editor" section of child view "Child - Public - Ar - Subjects 2", replace:

[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-parent-public-ar-subjects-2"]

With:

[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-child-public-ar-subjects-2"]

This will make the view show, the next level of the term hierarchy, too.

regards,
Waqar

Dear no it didn’t work there was an error saving.
To be sure that you got my point is that:
What I want the Taxonomy list to appear in order with 1, 2, 3, like the currrent
In case it has a child of the child (taxonomy under the child - 2nd generation) then it should show it in list too that is a hyperlinked to the page that shows its posts same behavior of the 1st generation.

Waqar
Supporter

I'm afraid, I'm not sure I follow your requirements in this ticket, since they seem to differ from what you've shared in the other one.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-customize-taxonomy-results/ )

In the other ticket, you mentioned that the subjects in the panels need to be in the table structure, however, from this ticket, I get the impression that they should be in a list format with a hierarchy.

Can you please share some screenshots or examples of the hierarchal layout that you have in mind?

0Untitled.png

Okay the main page مقالات-عظات contains Subjects that has 1st & 2nd generation, in this current ticket I want to show the Hierarchy only (in case there's 2nd generation to be shown in case there's not the 2st appears all in a link to be shown in the other page that has its own discussion in the other ticket.
Each subject should open in another page (this is the other ticket)
The current is the page مقالات عظات only
The other ticket is the panel that shows posts when I click in a taxonomy in the page مقالات-عظات I should go to the page that shows the posts under it (the view of the other page is in the other ticket.
Kindly find the image attached.
Thanks a lot.

Kindly reply my issue quicker than that...I know you're busy though you give me fracture of time each day (one reply then next day the other reply) I want to finish the issue please.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting and for sharing the screenshot.

I followed the steps that I shared earlier ( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-how-to-show-subjects-hierarchy/#post-2019281 ) and the subjects hierarchal display seems to be working now.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Some additional changes that I needed to make:

1. I remove the following div wrapper from the output of both views so that each collapsible panel can work independently:

<div class="panel-group wpv-loop js-wpv-loop" id="accordion" role="tablist" aria-multiselectable="true">

With multiple levels, nested accordion collapsible panels, clicking inside the child item would result in the collapse on the parent level too.

2. To avoid unnecessary list item styles, I also removed the HTML for the list items, from both the views:

<ul>
<li>.....</li>
</ul>

That was really great help from your side...it was exactly what I wanted...million thanks dear.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.