Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Editing user profile or bio post

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I created a form ON A PAGE for editing the artists bio post. When i open that page, there is no filled in information. The fields are all empty. THE PAGE IS HERE: hidden link THE INFO THAT I CREATED EARLIER IS NOT SHOWING IN THE FORM.

Thanks upfront!
Peter

Hi Peter,

For the post edit forms, we have to specify which of the posts needs to be edited by the form.

The way this 'Edit kunstenaars bio post' form is directly added to the 'Gebruikersprofiel aanpassen' page, it can't figure out which 'Kunstenaars' post to use for editing.

In this case, you'll create a new view that shows 'Kunstenaars' post filtered by the current user set as the author. This is very similar to the view that you'll create to prevent users from adding more than one 'Kunstenaars' posts, from this guide:
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1622969-1929573/#how-do-i-prevent-users-from-creating-more-than-one-contractor-post

You'll create this view on this page and in the loop of this view, include this 'Edit kunstenaars bio post' form. As a result, the form will know that the current user's 'Kunstenaars' post should be used for editing.

regards,
Waqar

I'm So sorry, i must be the biggest idiot around here 😉

I followed the article, but i can't get the add bio and edit bio pages to work. Can you please login again and see what i'm doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

Sure I can take a look, but the page that was being used for this earlier seems to have been changed.

Can you please share the link to the page that you'd like to use to add and manage the 'Artist Bio'?

Oh sorry, it's the same as it was now.

You can add our change the bio from the account page: hidden link

Thank you for sharing the link.

On the page 'Mijn Kunstenaars Account', I see there are two links for artist bio management:

1. "Bio Aanmaken" page

This page was set up correctly and the only thing missing was the opening double quote:
( screenshot: hidden link )

[wpml-string context="wpv-views"][cred_form form="bio-aanmaken-formulier"][/wpml-string]

I've added the missing double-quote and the create bio form is shown now.

2. "Bio Bewerken" page

On this page, the view was showing all the 'Kunstenaars' posts with the edit form for each one of them.

I've included the post author query filter so that the view will now show only the 'Kunstenaars' posts from the current user.
( screenshot: hidden link )

peterV-17 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-25 07:18:39.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.