Skip Navigation

[Resolved] spinner graphic appears on form interaction

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am using a spinner graphic with this view: hidden link

the view appears on this page: hidden link

if i use the drop down filter to filter, the spinner icon appears before I click search. I only want it to appear when I click search because I have the update setting set to "AJAX results update when visitors click on the search button" so nothing actually happens until the user hits search, but the spinner appears which makes it confusing.

here is an exampe of what I see hidden link

here is a one click administrator login: hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

search-settings.png

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Even when the option "AJAX results update when visitors click on the search button" is selected, an AJAX operation is performed in the background to update the available values in the search fields, whenever any change is made in their selection. This makes sure only those field values are shown, with which some results are available.

To avoid this AJAX call, you can select the "Always show all values for inputs" option, as shown in the attached screenshot.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.