Skip Navigation

[Resolved] sorting relationship form fields A-Z

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
The Relationship Form and https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/ using nested views works quite well, but like post reference fields, they are sorted by post date and I want to sort them A-Z.
Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

The relationship fields for posts in a relationship form use the shortcode [cred-relationship-role], which does seem to accept "orderby" and "order" parameters.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make these parameters, work as expected on my test website. I've shared this report to the concerned team for further troubleshooting and review and appreciate you brought this forward.

I'm afraid, I don't have any immediate workaround or a time estimate to share at this time. But, I'll get back to you, as soon as, there is an update on this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

Comments: The same might be true with post reference fields. You should check those too.
Further question: can I add an "add another" button to make it more fluid to create more than 1 relationship? Currently, I can submit as many relationships as I want, but it's not obvious to the user that that's what's happening. It would be nice if I could "repeat the field."

Thanks.

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-sorting-post-reference-fields-form-a-z/

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for writing back.

As per our support policy ( https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/ ), we can only address one issue per ticket. I've separated your question about sorting of the post reference fields into a new ticket and will reply to it shortly.

I'm afraid, there is no option available to add multiple relationship entries through forms on the front-end. Visitors can add them only one at a time using the relationship forms.

To make it easier for visitors to fill the form again, you can add a link or a button below the form that links back to the same page with the form.

regards,
Waqar

I wanted to say that I figured out that sorting on a relationship field is dependent upon the parent field being selected. At that point, sorting works as expected.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Timothy,

From "relationship field" If you meant the "post reference field", then yes its ordering should work with the shortcode's parameters.
( as explained in the separate ticket: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-sorting-post-reference-fields-form-a-z/#post-1132030 )

If you have any update on the post fields in a "relationship form", then please share more details and I'll be happy to test this further.

Note: the original report about post ordering not working as expected with [cred-relationship-role] shortcode is already filed and I'll update you, once there is some progress on that.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.