Skip Navigation

[Resolved] sorting is not working properly

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.20 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dylanN 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

loom : hidden link
Url : hidden link
I am facing an issue in ordering when page is loaded, when I paginate it works well

Thank you

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Can you please check if your website has some third-party plugin to control the order of the posts? These plugins can override the sorting/ordering settings of the WordPress queries in general, which also affects the views.

I'll recommend testing this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty One. This will help in narrowing down to a possible conflicting item.

In case the issue still persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details so that I can see how this view is set up in the admin area.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details.

I've checked the view "feautured course" and it is set to use the "Levels" custom field for the ordering.
( screenshot: hidden link )

For the ordering comparison type, 'as a number' is selected, however, in that field's option settings, the text values are being saved and not numeric values.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I'll recommend changing those option values to numbers (e.g. 1,2,3 and so on) and then saving/updating all the course posts once again so that the new numeric values for the options can be saved in that "Levels" custom field.

After that, the view's order settings should work.

Sorry! By mistake I used another field with a similar name, It might be a plugin conflict On production , I'll check it

Thanks for assisting!

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and please take your time.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any follow-up questions.

Got the faulty Plugin: Post Order

Thank you!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.