Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Sort search results with particular taxonomy first

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesR-13 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a custom view displaying a custom post type with custom taxonomies. I want to show results with a particular taxonomy before all other results.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

As per my understanding, you need 2 different views:

1) Showing the results for that particular taxonomy and placed first for display.
2) Showing rest of the results, excluding the taxonomy from View #1 and placed after #1 for display.

Please see https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/filtering-views-by-taxonomy/ for details on "Filtering Views Query by Taxonomy".

Let me know if it helps resolved the issue or I'll try my best to further assist you on the matter.

Regards.

How would this work on a setup that shows search on one page and results on a separate page?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.