Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Some customs fields in CPT don’t show up

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a custom post type that includes a repeatable field group (RFG). I have created a View of that RFG and included some custom fields using Types field shortcodes. Most of these fields appear as expected, but in some cases two of these fields appear as empty when they should include values.

Solution: Check the field slugs in the Types field shortcodes and ensure they are identical to the slugs in wp-admin. In this case, the wrong field slugs were used in the shortcodes.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maximilianD 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
2020-03-09 13_04_10-Supporting Documents - HOLMCO.png
2020-03-09 13_04_49-Dokument bearbeiten ‹ HOLMCO — WordPress.png

I have a custom post type called 'dokumente'
The posts within the CPT have a repeatable field group.
The fields group contains the fields: revision-number, revision-date and some others.
The slug of the custom view is: supporting-documents-list

Most of the custom fields in the view show correctly, but the fields revision-number and revision-date are shown inconsistently, meaning all the data shows up in the backend, but only some of it in the frontend

Please use the logindetails to track down the error.
Please note that this is a live site.

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 12.08.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 12.08.50 PM.png

Is the correct slug supposed to be issue-date and issue-number? The custom field group "Supporting Documents" uses the issue- slugs, but the View uses the slugs revision-date and revision-number. My guess is the revision fields existed at one time, and you saved data in them. Then you changed slugs in the field group, but didn't update the View, and now only the fields that were saved as revision-date and revision-number appear in the View.

That was it. Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.