Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Slider Image Sizes

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Pete 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi there,

We're using a Toolset Image Slider, this dynamic for a custom post type...you can see it here at the top:
hidden link

The issue is the image sizes, they are when inspected 1024px wide. They don't look great and are being resized down to 1024px.
They are actually 1600px wide in the media gallery.

Unsure why this is happening, any thoughts please?

Many thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I'm not sure I understand the question.

When I visit that page on a large monitor because there are 3 images, the space for each is only—in this case—around 670px, so they will necessarily involve scaled down versions of larger images.

From the page source it looks like you've chosen an image size with width of 1024px in the settings for the slider, but I can't be sure without seeing the settings.

Can you share a screenshot of the image size setting options for the Image Slider block?

aa Plz see.png

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your reply.

Now this interesting...what you said:
From the page source it looks like you've chosen an image size with width of 1024px in the settings for the slider,

I can see no settings for this, I presumed I had set an image size however can't see this anywhere in the 'settings for the slider', see screenshot attached.

Where is this setting please? On inspection I can see: class="attachment-large"

It needs to be larger, on my screens the image quality is not great.

Thank you.

Hi, it turns out the image size setting Nigel was referring to exists in the Gallery block but not the Image Slider block. We've added a request for our developers to expand the functionality of the Image Slider block to allow the editor to choose which image size should be shown in the slider, as it is currently fixed in a one-size-fits-all scenario. I have added your vote to this feature, and I hope it will be added soon. Until then, it's best to upload images optimized for the size shown in the slider.

aa plz see pm.png

Hi there Christian,

Many thanks for the clarification and appreciate you letting the developers know.

Can I just ask your thoughts ref, where is the max-width:1024px coming from?

This isn't a setting in Toolset yet it's getting this specific size from somewhere.

Many thanks.

Can I just ask your thoughts ref, where is the max-width:1024px coming from?
I believe that is part of the image responsiveness calculations built-in to the slider. It's not an identical number for all posts, so I suspect it could also have something to do with the proportions and original sizes of the images that are being displayed. For example, on this post, the max-width is 1290:
hidden link
But this post is 1024:
hidden link

Do these two posts use the same Content Template? Or is there a conditional or other system in place that would use a different image slider block for these two posts?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.