Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Slider for Custom post-type

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello, I need to create a slider for a custom post-type to display our testimonials.
I'm just wondering what is the recommended way to create this? I noticed toolset has blocks and found an image block slider but it didn't seem to accommodate text from custom post-type (correct me if I'm wrong).

Then I stumbled across a toolset video that showed how to create this using a View here: hidden link

My question is ... should I use or do I need to use a View to create this or is there a toolset block for this?
I just want to make sure I'm not using and old way of doing things, hence Views.

Add Update: Is the video solution require me to install the Toolset Views plugin? or is the View block its replacement?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Short answer: Assuming that each testimonial is a post in the custom post type, you will need to use a view.

Long answer:
The Slider block is meant to be used by repeatable image fields. This means, display the images from the same post as a slider. For example, a gallery field, which is an image field that accepts multiple instances.

If the testimonials are multiple posts, then there is no other way than to use a view.

You won't need to install Toolset Views if the Toolset Blocks plugin is installed. Basically, Toolset Views and Toolset Blocks are the same plugins released with two different names. In fact, if you activate one of them, it will deactivate the other automatically. But, you must have one of them installed.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any questions.

Oh Thank You! I was able to create a slider, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the color of the pagination dots? and would also like to increase the size of the dots a little as well. Is this possible?

Also, How do I stop the pagination dots to transition with the slides? What I mean is whether I use "fade" or "slide" or any other transition the pagination transitions with the slides. Is there a way to not make that happen, so that the pagination stays constant?

Jamal
Supporter

We don't have any option to control the size and the color of the dots. You will need to do it using custom CSS code.

Regarding the sliding of the pagination with the slider, this is a known issue and it will be fixed in an upcoming release. I am adding this ticket to our internal issues tracking to increase the number of affected users. This way, the developers will prioritize it over other issues.

Ok, Thank you for your quick responses!
Would you have any idea on an ETA for the slider pagination issue?

thanks!

Jamal
Supporter

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for the pagination issue.

However, if you still need assistance with the needed CSS for the slider's dots, let me know and I'll see how I can help.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.