Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Slider flickers before changing/sliding

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: have a smooth transition

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Smooth slide

Instead, I got: Flashes

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

AJAX-pagination-settings.png

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The way AJAX pagination works, it doesn't load all the slides at once on the page load. Based on the set time, the subsequent page/slides are loaded using AJAX calls, one at a time. For this reason, a quick flicker or flash appears between the transition of slides.

Unfortunately, it can't be 100% eliminated, but, it can be improved, by increasing the time between each slide and preloading the next and previous pages, through the pagination settings.
( example screenshot attached )

For an even smoother slider transition, you can set the view to load all slides, without pagination and then use a custom slider script like "JQuery lightSlider" ( ref: hidden link ), to make them show as a slider.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.