Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Site audit error: WPV-pages have no self-referencing hreflang

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Site audit error: WPV-pages have no self-referencing hreflang

Solution:
However, irrespective of what tool/plugin you are using, the thing is that the pages reported as missing the self-referencing hreflang links are search results and paginated View results.

As such, they are not necessarily equivalent to a similar page in the other language anyway, and it may not be appropriate to add hreflang links on such pages. (A similar search in different languages may produce different results.)

You can fine proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/site-audit-error-wpv-pages-have-no-self-referencing-hreflang/#post-2045841

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by karinaG 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-05 at 11.20.31 PM.jpeg

Hello,

It's the first time I'm using Toolset, I have just deployed from development to live site and need some support. I will open one ticket per issue, but I don't know if they could be related.

I'm following SEMRush audit to fix issues and I got several error messages declaring some wpv-pages have no self-referencing hreflang. (See attached image).

This error is just affecting Toolset pages with views, the regular posts and pages from the website are fine.

Site: hidden link

Thanks in advance,

Karina

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

First of all, I would like to know that what tool/plugin you are using to add the hreflang links in the head?

However, irrespective of what tool/plugin you are using, the thing is that the pages reported as missing the self-referencing hreflang links are search results and paginated View results.

As such, they are not necessarily equivalent to a similar page in the other language anyway, and it may not be appropriate to add hreflang links on such pages. (A similar search in different languages may produce different results.)

The hreflang links are to tell Google that certain pages are just translations of each other, and such search result pages (as denoted by the URL parameters) may not be considered translations. As search result or paginated result page should not be considered as translation.

There is not much we can do here.

Hello Minesh,

Thanks for your reply, I'm using WPML.

Got your point, I will just ignore the audit errors.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.