Skip Navigation

[Resolved] single page content not showing

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eliseD-2 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am recreating some elements from an older site on a brand new install - but for some reason, the single page content template is not showing for my custom post type.

If you click this link:
hidden link

You will see the listing. When you click on one of the titles, it should go to a page that shows the content template - but it is not doing so.

In the view for the page shown above - here is how it is calling the template:

<tr><td valign="top"><u>[wpv-post-link]</u>
<br><b>Submission Deadline: </b>
[wpv-if date="wpcf-end-date" evaluate="($date = 32503680000)"]
Ongoing [/wpv-if]
[wpv-if date="wpcf-end-date" evaluate="($date <> 32503680000)"]
[types field="end-date" style="text" format="F j, Y"][/types]
[/wpv-if]

[wpv-if evaluate="'[get-cats post_id="[wpv-post-id]" cat="length" taxonomy="contest-categories"]' != ''"]
<br>
<b>Submission Length: </b>[get-cats post_id="[wpv-post-id]" cat="length" taxonomy="contest-categories"]
[/wpv-if]

[wpv-if evaluate="'[get-cats post_id="[wpv-post-id]" cat="award" taxonomy="contest-categories"]' != ''"]
<br>
<b>Award(s) Offered: </b>[get-cats post_id="[wpv-post-id]" cat="award" taxonomy="contest-categories"]
[/wpv-if]

The way I understand it - and the way it works on my older site - the [wpv-post-link] element is supposed to link to a new page created on the fly that shows the single page content template for that post type.

It works on my old site - you can click any title on this page, and the content template will open:
hidden link

But not this one.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Elise

no-lists.jpg

Hello,

I have tried the URL you mentioned above, but don't see any lists, see my screenshot no-lists.jpg.
Is there any missing steps?

And I have enabled the private message box, in case it requires logged-in user.

Sorry - there were some permissions on that page - I removed them. This will work now:

hidden link

I can see the problem now
hidden link
please share the website credentials in below private message box, there might be some wrong settings in your content template for single "contests" post, for example, you can edit each "contests" post, in section "content template", make sure each it is using the correct content template.

If you need more assistance for it, please share your website credentials in below private message box. thanks

I see - this must have happened when I imported the posts from another source.

Is there a way to fix them all without opening up each one - or would it be better to delete them all and try the import again?

Elise

Yes, you can delete them, and import again, add a custom field:
field slug is "_views_template", field value is the specific content template ID.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.