Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Sidebar not

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alistairW-2 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am using OceanWP theme and I have a sidebar on the left (not using the OceanWP sidebar addon). The sidebar works correctly on every page except for one that uses a Toolset ContentTemplate where it moves to the right hand side (eg. hidden link) .

The sidebar settings in Ocean WP are set to have the sidebar on the left. I have tried adding CSS code to float to the left in the Content template and theme css but nothing forces it to the left. I have also tried deactivating all plugins and still nothing. If i create a new Toolset Content Template the sidebar will only display on the right.

How can I correct this and forse the sidebar to the left on pages with Content Templates?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

That is strange. Do you see any theme settings with the content template you build using Toolset?

Here is the doc, as shown with the screenshot with the following Doc you should be able to see the theme options where do you see any sidebar options?
- https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/using-toolset-with-oceanwp-theme/#controlling-oceanwp-theme-options-for-templates-and-archives

Untitled2.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Hey Minesh

Yes the theme does have settings for sidebar and they are turned on and set to have a left side sidebar. See attached. Like I said all the 'pages' are correct with sidebar on the left. As soon as a content template is used it switches to the right. I have also tried stipping down the CT so there is nothing in it and the resulting front facing page is empty but sidebar still moves to the right.

The options shown in your doc are available and you also can choose to enable a theme sidebar. see attached

Minesh
Supporter

what if you change that option and set it to disable the sidebar for that content template - does it affects on all pages?

I set that option to Disable the sidebar that Content template and it does NOT affect other pages. They still have the correct side bar but it is gone from the CT page.

Minesh
Supporter

So you mean you want to display the sidebar on the left on content template page but it displays on right side - right? if yes:

Can you please share problem URL and admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've added the following CSS code to the CSS section of the content template:
- hidden link

.single-flypattern div#primary {float:right !important;}

I can see the sidebar on left now on the following page:
- hidden link

Can you please confirm it works at your end as well.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Minesh

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.