Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Show City (From a Complete Address) in Search

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by wilsonC-2 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I am afraid I can't hold the same IP address for the time when you whitelist it. But, I can check with our systems team and see if I can use our internal VPN to have a fixed IP for that connection. And if I could not fix the issue while connected to your website, I'll also need to take a copy and debug it locally. Eventually escalating it to a higher level of support. Maybe taking the copy could be the fastest way 🙂

The city field can also be used as a taxonomy, and it may be a good solution. Taxonomy filters are usually faster than custom field filters. But, with taxonomies, you can't perform a text search, you will only get dropdowns, checkboxes, or radio buttons. You won't be able to use text search.

For address fields, you can't use a taxonomy, because you will end up on the same limitation, trying to filter a post type by a custom field on a different element(taxonomy).

Hey Jamal, I could solve all the problems regarding city search and name search. Thank you for the help. I did both as custom fields. Now I'm using WpAllimport pro to import city names with the Toolset add-on. The import completes correctly, but the city field keeps empty in Toolset. Can you please take a look and see if anything in Toolset settings has to be adjusted to make this import successful?

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-field-remains-empty-after-importing-using-wp-all-import/

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

For support rules, we are only allowed to handle one issue per ticket, this allows us to focus on the same issue and present the information to other users to benefit from. For that reason, I have created another ticket to help you with this importing issue. I'll be posting my replies there.
We can get back here after we figure out what's going on with the import. For now, I'll set this ticket as waiting for your feedback. It should be kept open for enough time(3 weeks).

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.