Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Show Ajax loading icon on View (not Filter)

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kristofG 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have read https://toolset.com/forums/topic/please-add-spinner-graphics-to-ajax-results-updating-views/ and I already found that myself, but I am trying to show the loading icon on the results which makes more sense (for me) instead of on the filter.
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The shortcode for the spinner ( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-filter-spinner ), works only when placed within the "[wpv-filter-start hide="false"] ... [wpv-filter-end]" tag, that is available in the "Search and Pagination".

I see that on your page, you're showing the view's search form and the results in separate columns. In this case, the AJAX spinner will show in the column of the search form.

One workaround that you can try is to include the search form and the results both in the right column, which is currently showing only results. You can then hide the search input fields in this column using custom CSS code. As a result, the spinner will show, but the search input fields won't.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you for pointing me in that direction. It works, kinda. Unfortunately the loading icon is hidden again before the results are updated which results in an ugly twitch. It would be better to hide the loading icon AFTER the results have updated. Is that possible?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that it worked.

When the AJAX spinner completes, the results section becomes visible again, to show the updated results. But before the new results are shown, there is a quick flash of the existing results. I'm afraid, I can't think of a workaround to avoid that.

ok, too bad. I will remove the loading from the results and only keep it in the Filter.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.