Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Shortcodes are not working after changing server.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Himanshu Agarwal 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi there,

I just changed the server of our site, and after changing server all shortcodes are not working, I also tried with changing or updating permalinks but it not working out.

You can see in below site URL all shortcode are working fine:-

hidden link

But in below site with same shortcode, same theme and all same plugins, only short codes are displaying :-

hidden link

Please help me to solve this out.

All plugins and themes are updated.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Himanshu,

Thank you for waiting.

A shortcode parsing issue like this can be experienced if long content is enclosed inside the conditional shortcode block "wpv-conditional".

This limitation is not something specific to Toolset plugins, but it is related to how shortcodes are parsed by WordPress in general and the server's PHP configuration. A note about this is included on our guide at:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/

If this is only happening on the new server, you can follow these steps to fix this:

1. You can increase the allowed memory size in PHP settings of your server.

2. If that doesn't work, you'll need to disable the "PCRE JIT" via php.ini (pcre.jit=0). For more info you can check out the following links or consult your host's support team:

hidden link
hidden link

3. If for some reason, options 1 & 2 are not possible, you'll need to break the long output of conditional shortcode blocks into smaller blocks and enclosed shortcodes will work.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

I just tried by remove wpv-conditional and all shortcodes are working fine.

but i need it with wpv-conditional, if its working on another server then why it is not working on this server with same content and same code?

Please help me to solve this out.

I also increased the memory but its still not working out.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Himanshu,

If the same content and code is working on the old server and not on the new one than this confirms that it is a server related issue.

As explained in my last message, you can consult your new server's support team so that they can disable "PCRE JIT" options from the PHP settings.

Please also check the PHP versions used on the new and the old servers and make sure that the new server meets the minimum requirements mentioned at:
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

regards,
Waqar

I just updated the PHP version to 7.3, and now all shortcodes are working fine. Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.