Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Several bugs noticed

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romanB-3 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,
I've just noticed 2 bugs on a live site.
The site is using Avada, and 1 of the 2 issues has most probably something to do with last Avada 7 major update.
1- The shortcode

{!{wpv-post-body view_template='sharing-box'}!}

doesn't return anything and is displayed frontend as it is written in backend.
2- The content templates list appears as empty, but also says "Publish (2)". But I can't even access those 2 content templates...
Thank you.

Hello, let me run some tests with Avada 7 and see if a similar issue appears on my local site, please stand by.

fusion-template.png
fusion-template-text-block.png
blocks-template.png
front-end.jpg

1. the shortcode doesn't return anything and is displayed frontend as it is written in backend.
I was unable to replicate the problem in a quick test, but there are many ways to insert content in the Fusion Builder so I need some feedback. I created a new Content Template and clicked the button "Edit with Fusion Builder" above the main editor area. In the Fusion Builder, I added a Text Block. Then I chose the "Text" tab of the editor instead of the HTML tab, and clicked the "Fields and Views" button above the editor to insert a Content Template I had already designed in the Block Editor. The shortcode to display the nested template was generated as shown here:

{!{wpv-post-body view_template="unassigned-temp"}!}

Then, I applied the Fusion Builder Content Template to a new custom post. On the front-end, I can see the contents of the template I created in the Block Editor, not the shortcode written out. It seems to be working okay for me, you can see in the screenshots here.

- Can you show me how you added the Content Template shortcode in the Fusion Builder? Did you add it in a post editor, or in another Content Template editor?
- Are there any conditionals around this template shortcode, either using wpv-conditional or conditional blocks in the block editor?
- Have you updated to Avada 7.0.1, or are you using the 7.0 beta? Are your Fusion Builder and Fusion Core plugins up-to-date, and have you applied all the latest patches?
-

2- The content templates list appears as empty, but also says "Publish (2)". But I can't even access those 2 content templates...
This is odd. I don't see a similar problem on my site.
- Is there any server-side caching or object caching in place on this server? Can you purge that cache?
- Are you using WPML on this site? Is the Content Template post type translatable?
- If you temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types and Views (or Types and Blocks), and activate Twenty Twenty, do your templates return?
- Can you create a new Content Template? If so, does it appear in the list or does it disappear after you create it?

Hello and thank you,

Can you show me how you added the Content Template shortcode in the Fusion Builder? Did you add it in a post editor, or in another Content Template editor?
I did it exactly as you did. With different result.

Are there any conditionals around this template shortcode, either using wpv-conditional or conditional blocks in the block editor?
I can't remember if there is conditional into the content template, since I can't access it.

Have you updated to Avada 7.0.1, or are you using the 7.0 beta? Are your Fusion Builder and Fusion Core plugins up-to-date, and have you applied all the latest patches?
Yes I am using Avada 7.0.1, last public release. All plugins are up to date and all patches applied.

Is there any server-side caching or object caching in place on this server? Can you purge that cache?
I don't think so.

Are you using WPML on this site? Is the Content Template post type translatable?
Yes I use WPML on this site. And yes it is translatable.

If you temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types and Views (or Types and Blocks), and activate Twenty Twenty, do your templates return?
Since this is a live site, I can't process those tests. Could you please enable confidential message so I can give you a full access in order to allow you to duplicate the site on other servers ?

Can you create a new Content Template? If so, does it appear in the list or does it disappear after you create it?I've just created a new one and it still doesn't appear.

Thank you.

Private reply fields are enabled here.

When I try to load the site, I keep getting "server's IP address could not be found" errors. I'll try again later today.

I was able to log in today and create a site clone. I will run some tests and give you an update shortly.

In my local test copy, I temporarily deactivated WPML then immediately reactivated it. This restored the list of Content Templates, so I did the same thing in the live site and I can now see Content Templates appear here: hidden link

Now that we can see Content Templates, can you show me where you are having problems with the sharing-box template shortcode?

That solved it all! Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.