Skip Navigation

[Resolved] setting up checkboxes

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
fish-species-data-format.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Find a way to display comma-separated data in form of checkboxes on the front end of my site. I have the data for various fish species that can be found in each of 1600+ lakes. Each lake is different list of course, but wondering if I can display entire list of fish species and only have boxes checked if the comma-separated data for that lake has it. (This would result in some boxes being unchecked). If this is not possible, can you explain the ways I could format this data to display on the front end? Maybe an unordered list?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I cannot find any documentation explaining clearly how to format checkboxes -- please point in the right direction if I am missing it.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I will provide a screen shot of how my data is formatted.

What is the link to your site?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As you can see with our CSV import doc:
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/import-content-csv-importer-plugin/#field-types-that-are-not-supported

There are certain field types that is not supported and one of them is checkboxes.

Please check the following doc to know what plugin supports what:
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

OK, I understand that this checkboxes field type is not supported with a CSV import. Are there any other suggestions you have to display the info on the front end of my site somehow?

If I don't want to reformat the data in any way (keeping it comma-separated) would my only option be to import the data as a single line field?

Do you have any suggestions for reformatting the original data to make it import in a nicer looking way?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Instead of storing it checkboxes you should try to add a taxonomy and store it as taxonomy terms.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.