Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Setting Post Field group for post type

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Dear Beda,

I have a custom post type "host", this is the child post of "tv-program", each "host" has post fields such as name, gender, bio and his/her personal social media URL. For each social media URL, I want to associate each URL with the name of social media such as Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, etc. Each 'host' may contain more than one social media link.

How can I group the name of social media and its url together? When I add a social media to host, then I need to provide the URL, and this group is repeatable for the host post.

I do consider to have a social media post type and associate it as the child field of "host" but it is not so reasonable as social media is not a post and it may have many of posts are the same name (e.g. Facebook)

How can I create the group post field?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Beda is on holiday today. This is Minesh here and I'll take are of your ticket. Hope this is OK.

After reviewing your post you need to create Groups of Repeating Fields. I suggest you should go through the following links which will help you to achieve what you are looking for:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-groups-of-repeating-fields-using-fields-tables/
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/bulk-content-editing-with-fields-table/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.