Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Set checkbox default

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I am now trying to create a form for adding users on the front end. On this form, user-newsletter checkbox field defaults to unchecked. Is there a way to have the front-end form pickup the same default value as on the Dashboard?

Solution:

You can create some JS codes to setup the checkbox field as checked by default, for example, edit your Toolset user form, click "JS Editor", add below JS code:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/set-checkbox-default/#post-1217357

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by helenmaryC 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have a custom user field, user-newsletter, which is a checkbox (Value to store: 1; Save option: don't save anything to the database). When I add a user on the Dashboard the field is checked by default, which is what I want.

I am now trying to create a form for adding users on the front end. On this form, user-newsletter defaults to unchecked. Is there a way to have the front-end form pickup the same default value as on the Dashboard?

I looked at https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/ and thought maybe it could be done using cred_filter_field_before_add_to_form, but there wasn't an example for that use case. And it really seems like it should use the same default value in both places anyway.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

You can setup some JS codes to setup the checkbox field as checked by default, for example, edit your Toolset user form, click "JS Editor", add below JS code:

$('input[name="wpcf-user-newsletter"]').attr( "checked", "checked")

More help:
hidden link

That was easy!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.