Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Serious problem between Toolset and DIVI.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Francisco Ramón Molina Busquiel 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,

With some of the latest versions of Toolset there has been a serious problem between Toolset and DIVI. Before, everything worked correctly. It is very strange, if I enable the visual constructor of DIVI and save the page where the list generated with Toolset is located, everything is displayed correctly. However, if I refresh the browser the list disappears.
Please watch the following video: hidden link

hidden link

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Jose A.

I have done more tests and the problem is not from DIVI, since with any standard theme the problem can be reproduced, so it is obviously a Toolset problem.

Regards,
Jose A.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Jose and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Currently, Toolset and DIVI 4 have integration issues. We recommend our users to not mix Divi and Toolset elements on the same page, to avoid compatibility issues and make sure that what you build now will keep working in the future.
- https://toolset.com/2019/10/toolset-and-divi-4-issues/
- https://toolset.com/2020/01/how-to-build-advanced-sites-with-toolset-and-divi/

If this issue also happens with a different theme, it may be related to caching or to a server issue(caching at server level). please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If the issue persists, we'll need to take a copy of your website and check it locally to exclude any possible causes from the server level. Let us know if we can take a Duplicator copy.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you Jose, I took a Duplicator copy of the website.

I believe this issue only appears when both, Divi and WP Rocket, are involved. In fact, Toolset is compatible with WP Rocket and we use both of them on our website without issues.
I'll suggest testing if this issue will appear on a standalone page, without Divi, and with WP Rocket activated, does this issue appear there with this view or a new view?

2020-08-15_15-29-18.png
2020-08-15_15-25-30.png

Hi Jamal,

I've done what you told me to do and it doesn't seem like a DIVI problem.
Without DIVI the problem also occurs.
hidden link
Look at the screenshots.

Regards,
Jose A.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you Jose.

I did not get to the bottom of this issue yet, but I think it is mainly related to some custom styles. The results are built, but they are not correctly displayed, or they get applied an incorrect style. Check this screenshot hidden link

I'll get back to you as soon as I found something on my local copy.

Jamal
Supporter

It seems that the view results are applied a style to make them hidden, check this screenshot

The following code works as a partial workaround, it displays the results, but their styles are not applied.

Maybe this is caused by the fact that the view is built in the legacy editor and its loop's content template is built differently. Can you tell me how did you build the content template? Using the block editor or using Divi editor?
hidden link

Finally, I came up with a workaround that fixed this issue. It may have some performance impact, but, I'll let you decide if it is viable for you. Otherwise, we can push investigation further.
The workaround is to disable Javascript minification in WP Rocket. It also removes this Javascript error from the console:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Identifier 'wpvViewHead' has already been declared

Go to Settings->WP Rocket->File Optimization. And disable Javascript minification in the 3rd section. Check this screenshot hidden link

Hi Jamal,

The content template is created using gutenberg.
Thank you very much for the solution you have provided me, but the problem is that this website has been in a marketing process for a month through an external company, they put the Rocket cache plugin to improve the loading speed of the website and improve gtmetrix scores, so I guess it will be important for them to have these Rocket cache options enabled.

Can you find any other solution?

Thank you for all of your help.

Regards,
Jose A.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Jamal is on vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

The workaround shared by Jamal is the way to follow I believe as we do not have any control over the JS/CSS minify done by the WP-rocket plugin.

Alternatively - the another workaround I think is if you see any place to exclude a specific javascript/CSS file from minifiying.

Hi Minesh,

I don't understand, Toolset is supposed to support Rocket cache.
But if the Rocket cache optimizations cannot be used, some of its optimization utility is lost.
This is not very good. Right?

Regards,
Jose A.

Minesh
Supporter

The first thing is that we do not have any official integration with WP-rocket plugin.

Plugins that minify the CSS/JS files are known to cause problems with Toolset.

The following documentation page lists specific scripts that should be excluded.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-use-optimization-plugins-with-toolset/

If the plugin supports excluding specific scripts from the optimisation then the as shared in my previous reply, you should exclude those scripts, and let us know if there are still errors because it may be that we need to update the list of scripts to be excluded and update the above doc that I shared.

If the plugin (wp-rocket) doesn't support excluding specific scripts they should write to the plugin authors and suggest it, and in the meantime you may want to consider a different tool which does this for you.

Hi Minesh,

I have been able to fix the problem on the page:
hidden link
because Rocket cache allows disabling javascript minification for a specific page, however all display pages from each manufacturer have the same problem and it would be a huge job to disable javascript minification for each manufacturer.
Look at the video: hidden link

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Jose A.

Minesh
Supporter

I understand what you are saying but as I acknowledged that we do not have any official integration with the WP-rocket plugin.

And good news is that you able to find the place where the wp-rocket plugin offers the way to exclude the specific CSS/JS scripts.

Maybe you can contact WP-rocket and check with them if they offer any hook/filter so that you do not need to add the links for your every manufacturer manually and rather you can just pass post IDs to and manage that using some custom coding.

I'm afraid I do not have any solution to offer you at the moment as this is not on Toolset but how WP-rocket plugin manages the cache. Than you for understanding.

If you cannot be of any help then this ticket can be closed.
Thanks Minesh.

Regards,
Jose A.

Minesh
Supporter

It's not like that we do not want to help you but as you know the thing is that the issue is not from Toolset actually as Toolset does not minifying the JS/CSS but wp-rocket plugin.

Please feel free to close the ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.