Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Serious CRED problem still not resolved

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

If I add a taxonomy to a CRED edit form and set terms, the values can never be unset. Removing the last selected term always fails.
If I check 5 terms, save the form, then un-check 3 of them, save again, then the results are correct - there are two remaining checked items.
If I check 5 terms, save the form, then un-check all 5, save again, this fails and all terms are still set.

This bug is causing me pain on several sites now and I have been reporting it since last November. CRED has been updated several times without this item being fixed and I was told that it would be resolved in 1.8.5 and I can confirm that it is not resolved.

Please, please can this be fixed once and for all. It makes CRED forms nearly useless with taxonomies.

This is my original post on the subject: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-taxonomy-not-saving-if-all-values-cleared/

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Simon,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I have just checked this at my end and performed some tests for this but I am not able to reproduce it. Can you please double check that you have all latest versions of our Toolset plugins: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

If the problem continues at your end after using all latest versions of Toolset plugins, I would eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

==== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the [Views, Cred, Page, Taxonomy] Edit Screen, the Page/Post where you insert the [CRED form, View, etc...] and the corresponding Front End Page/Screen.

Looking forward to help you in resolving this,
Thank you

Hey Noman - I have tested this on two completely different sites today. Both show exactly the same problem and both have all latest versions of the Toolset plugins install, and WP updated.

Can you check again?

One of the sites has just the Toolset plugins installed and I've tested the problem with my own theme and with the 2016 theme installed.

I'm sure you are mistaken.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Simon,

I have created a New test form and its working good when select and deselect all the options: hidden link

Alternatively, can you please try to add your fields into a new form and see the results with same steps as before. Because the same things works for me when I created a new form.

Further, I have also found an error message:

Trying to get property of non-object in /www/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/embedded/classes/Form_Builder_Helper.php on line 201 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /www/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/embedded/classes/Form_Builder_Helper.php on line 201

I am escalating this to our 2nd tier support for further review. And we will let you know as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Thank you

The error message you see is when you are logged out and trying to view the form. I don't think this is an issue.

You have not added a taxonomy to the form. So you will not see the error. You have added a custom field group (with the same name and checkboxes) - this does not display the problem.

Please retest with a taxonomy - Hair Types is fine.

Noman
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, I am able to see this issue on your site and escalating this to our 2nd tier support for further review.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Can you reconfirm that you cannot see the problem in your test environment?

Noman
Supporter

Yes Simon that's right. I am not able to reproduce in my local site but was able to reproduce in your site. It could be because I have created my Post Types, fields, etc... with latest version of plugins initially. There could be many reasons for that. So once our 2nd Tier support will check it, we will know better that what's causing it and how to fix it.

Please wait and thanks for your co-operation.

OK thanks Noman

Hello, Simon, I am Beda, we should know us already 🙂

I am sorry for the mess here, this is a big misunderstanding that was the cause of this huge delay.

I just recognised, now being assigned to your Ticket here, that you talk about Taxonomies and not about Fields.
But, the Issue (your Ticket here) was added to a list of an internal Ticket where we handled a Problem with FIELDS (checkboxes) and that has been fixed, and that is as what your Ticket has been reported to 2nd Tier (Instead of issues with the taxonomies).

This is, of course, no excuse nor explanation, but I want to explain why this is not fixed yet.
It may help you to understand why the delay.
And I do apologise this, you reported the correct problem in the correct way, long time ago, and it's our complete fail to not have addressed this.

From your first post, the old thread, I gather:
I have a custom hierarchical taxonomy on a CRED form - displaying as checkboxes. If I select or deselect terms and save, it works fine - until I deselect the last term. When I do this the changes are not saved.

For example, if I have 3 terms selected, deselect 2, save, then only 1 term is set. However, if I have 3 terms selected, deselect all 3 and save, then all 3 remain selected.

I do have the latest version of all plugins installed on my site.

It is a very simple report, so I wonder how it came to be Checkboxes Fields all of a sudden 🙁

But anyway, currently, on a fresh install I cannot see this.
But I am sure I miss something and am now deploying your Site Locally, and will be back ASAP, with a solution for good.

Thank you for your long term trust and patience 🙂

OK, I saw the issue on your Duplicator.

I cannot spot the Difference, but the fact is, once I created a NEW CRED Form, and autogenerated that Form, this works great.
Let's take the example "Properties" taxonomy.
I can set, unset and only edit a few or all Terms, this works fine.

I am also able to set, unset and edit all taxonomies together, or single (means, having only a few present in the Form, or all of them)

Would you mind to recreate that Form?
This should be solved after.

If you want I can do that for you on the Live site.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.