Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED taxonomy not saving if all values cleared

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have a custom hierarchical taxonomy on a CRED form - displaying as checkboxes. If I select or deselect terms and save, it works fine - until I deselect the last term. When I do this the changes are not saved.

For example if I have 3 terms selected, deselect 2, save, then only 1 term is set. However if I have 3 terms selected, deselect all 3 and save, then all 3 remain selected.

I do have the latest version of all plugins installed on my site.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - there seems to be some issue indeed. Please allow me to consult our developers and I'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Minesh
Supporter

I've reported this issue to our developers. Please hold on for further updates.

Could you give me some feedback on this item?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Simon

Minesh is on vacation currently.

I reviewed the internal tickets for this, and the work is ongoing.

There are a number of connected issues that all relate to problems saving zero values to the database, in varying contexts (Types fields, CRED forms etc.).

My impression from the developer updates is that work is nearly complete but needs thorough QA testing (some edge cases have failed and the updates need revising).

There is a push to update all plugins to coincide with the update to WP 4.7 on December 6, and I would expect the fix to be included with that. It may be possible to publish a hotfix before then, but I wouldn't count on that because the problems touch on lots of different areas of the codebase.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that is likely to cause.

Ok - thanks for the feedback Nigel - I would like an update when it's clear what release it will be in. I have an enthusiastic client waiting for feedback.

Minesh
Supporter

We just published Types new version 2.2.5 and this issue is fixed with this release. Could you please update types to this latest release version and confirm your issue is fixed.

I've just updated all my plugins and I can confirm that this problem is NOT fixed. Could you recheck it yourself and escalate it for a fix in the next release?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - it needs CRED 1.8.5 as well. So please wait for a little more. I'll get in touch with you as soon as we release CRED 1.8.5.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please check your issue by updating CRED to 1.8.5.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.