Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Self hosted video file – Post Form

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jiriK-2 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,
I'm changing CMS Joomla to WordPress and I would like to rebuild the site in the same way as I made it with Joomla CCK Seblod hidden link.

What I need to do:

Previously, I made (with Joomla and Seblod) casting videos (POST TYPE) and the lists (VIEWS) of these videos. Here is the example of the video (from the video list page - VIEW): hidden link

Here is the Front-End Content Form: hidden link

In fact, the video files (.mp4) and images (.jpg) were uploaded separately on FTP, both with the same names. And here is the template's code which made the pages/lists working:

<div id="castingbox">
<?php echo $cck->renderField('jmeno'); ?>
<div id="fotobox">

<?php echo $cck->renderField('foto1'); ?>
<?php echo $cck->renderField('foto2'); ?>

</div>

<br>

<div id="videobox">
<?php if ($cck->getValue('video')) { ?><video id="<?php echo $cck->get("video")->value; ?>" class="video-js vjs-default-skin vjs-static-controls" controls preload="none" width="600" height="338" poster="templates/tutorials/images/video/<?php echo $cck->get("video")->value; ?>.jpg" data-setup="{}">
<source src="templates/tutorials/images/video/<?php echo $cck->get("video")->value; ?>.mp4" type='video/mp4' />
</video><?php }?>

<br>

<?php if ($cck->getValue('video')) { ?><a href="templates/tutorials/images/video/download.php?file=<?php echo $cck->get("video")->value; ?>.mp4" class="casting">Video download</a><?php }?>
</div>
</div>

<script src="hidden link"></script>

MY QUESTIONS: is it possible to make this page/list also with the Toolset?

Could you please explain to me how to change Seblod's code to Toolset and get it working in the same way?

Many thanks, best,

Jiri.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jirik,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Actually yes you can achieve this with our Toolset plugins.

I would recommend taking a look at 3 of our plugins, Views, Types and Forms.

With views you re able to recreate your custom template to exactly how you have it on Joomla without any php coding.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-lists-of-posts-and-create-custom-searches/

Secondly you will need Types to create your custom post type as well as the custom fields that will be used to store your data.
https://toolset.com/training-course/custom-types-from-novice-to-expert/

Finally with Forms this is how you will allow users to upload the content via the frontend.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/

Going through the documentation on each of these will be able to allow you to achieve your exact goal.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane,
thanks for your answer, OK, I will go for it.

One question – do you think that I can try to make it with the new (beta) release of Views and then creating the Content Template by using block editor (Toolset Blocks) and its components? I just don't know how to implement my custom code into the template made in the Block editor.

Thanks, best,
Jiri.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jirik,

"Do you think that I can try to make it with the new (beta) release of Views and then creating the Content Template by using block editor (Toolset Blocks) and its components? "

I wouldn't recommend the use of a Beta for production sites but if this site is just for initial testing the yes you can go ahead and use it.

"I just don't know how to implement my custom code into the template made in the Block editor."

From what I see in your code its pretty much using PHP to display the custom fields. In the views content template you can easily display the custom fields from wordpress.

Take a look at this video tutorial below.
hidden link

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

OK, I got it, so now I need to know how to use PHP from Joomla CCK Seblod

<div id="videobox">
<?php if ($cck->getValue('video')) { ?><video id="<?php echo $cck->get("video")->value; ?>" class="video-js vjs-default-skin vjs-static-controls" controls preload="none" width="600" height="338" poster="templates/tutorials/images/video/<?php echo $cck->get("video")->value; ?>.jpg" data-setup="{}">
<source src="templates/tutorials/images/video/<?php echo $cck->get("video")->value; ?>.mp4" type='video/mp4' />
</video><?php }?>

to be compatible with Toolset?

I mean how to call Toolset custom field "video" in this example.

Many thanks, best,
Jiri

Hello,
can you please answer my previous question?

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.