Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search Not Working Properly – Set to Search content and titles, only get titles

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Amir 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Amir
Supporter

Let me step in and explain a bit more.

The 'content search' filter in Views uses the native WordPress search function. By default, this function is very basic. It only searches in the title and body and returns matches in a not-so-ideal manner.

There are plugins that greatly enhance this functionality. In the past, we've used Relevanssi:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/relevanssi/

(we are not using Relevanssi anymore because we've switched to a much more complex Solr search setup)

Plugins like Relevanssi provide drop-in replacement for the WordPress search. They instantly upgrade all the searches in your site, including the 'content' search done by Views plugin. You can setup Relevanssi to index custom fields, control priorities and weights.

A complete search plugin is beyond the scope of Toolset, but it's also not needed. Since we use the native WordPress search API, you can enhance it with search plugins.

Our site is missing proper documentation about this. I realize that this is the source of this confusion. I'm adding it to our todo list to write complete documentation in the very near future.

If you're trying this, it would be great if you can post your results here.

Does this help?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.