Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search is missing in "Add New Post Group" dialog

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
screen 2.png
screen 1.png

Within Access Control i try to add or edit a Post Group.
The dialog appears, but without the previously assigned posts.
And the result for "Type to search for posts...." is empty. I can´t type any search-text into the field. Nothing happens. See Screen 1.
What is going wrong here? Any ideas?

I could assign a Post Group to a Post from edit-dialog of a post. That works fine. See Screen 2.

Dear Mario,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:
1) You are using the latest version of Toolset plugins
2) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again

looks like an conflict.
I use select2 (hidden link) too, in some of my views. Toolset does it too for some dialogs.

In JavaScript-settings of my view i disable the input box with the call
$(".js-example-basic-hide-search").select2({
minimumResultsForSearch: Infinity
});
But just in the "local" JS/CSS for the view. So, this JavaScript shouldn´t affect the "edit Post Group" Dialog. Am i right?
If i disable Toolset view plugin, the "edit Post Group Dialog" works as it should.

If it is a compatibility problem between Tyes plugin and other plugins, please provide a downloadable URL for the conflicted plugin, and describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Looks like this is adressed in new upcoming version 2.4.2 of Toolset Access
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-access/

Changelog of Beta 1: "Fixed an issue with select2 dropdowns in the post group dialog."

Yes, you can download the beta version of Access 2.4.2-b1, test it in your website, and feedback if it is fixed or not, please backup your website database first.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.