Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search form on seperate page built in oxygen builder

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by aliceM 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Insert a search form into a page in oxygen builder that will open a seperate page showing product results

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/displaying-search-results-on-a-different-page/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link - the form needs to be at the top (I previously achieved this by using a piotnet grid facet but unfortunately piotnet is not displaying some toolset fields properly in the grid so I had to abandon that even though the search worked).

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I'm not too familiar with Oxygen, but I expect to display the search form and search results on separate pages you would need to revert to the legacy implementation, inserting the View on two separate pages using shortcodes.

If you go to Toolset > Settings you can update the editing experience so that the legacy interface is available.

Then create your View at Toolset > Views.

When you are ready to insert the View, on the page you want to display only the results, insert the View using the wpv-view shortcode, like so:

[wpv-view name="my-search-view" view_display="layout"]

Make a note of the ID of this page.

Then where you want to insert the View search form, insert the same View but using the wpv-form-view shortcode, like so:

[wpv-form-view name="my-search-view" target_id="123"]

(where 123 is the ID of the page where the View results will be shown).

Thank you! Are there any resources I can use for using toolset views? All I can find is this https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/. I'm confused about how to actually go about creating a product listing using views. I have a website where some have already been created but I can't find how to edit them - I assumed it would be the loop? Also if I add the shortcode for these views no products appear

Further to my last message - I have had a look at the orginal site and the products were created with a content template called product - loop which is referenced in all views. Unfortunately I think I may have deleted it - I have tried to re add it as I have the code but I can't save it. I imagine I'm probably going about things the wrong way but not sure where to start!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alice,

Here is a link to our legacy documentation on views.
https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/

This should provide a more comprehensive guide on our views plugin. To design your view list output the document below should help as well.
https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/toolset-layouts/adding-lists-of-contents/#2-configuring-the-view

Please once you've gone through the information above let me know if anything is confusing or if you need any clarification.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane, that's exactly what I needed.

Somehow I deleted the product content template that's used in all the views on the site I'm working on. I can't work out how to recreate it and give it the same name? I've been trying to add a new content template but not having success - I"m sure I must be missing something basic! Really sorry - I'm finding this to be a steep learning curve!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alice,

If the template was deleted and you're not able to recreate it with the same name then this could mean that the template might be in the trash option of your content template screen.

Go to Toolset -> Content template and look if you see the trash option at the top of the list and then see if your content template is there.

If it's there then you can hover over the template and click the restore button.

Thanks,
Shane

THANKYOU! What a relief!!!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.