Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search filters changes style after selection

This support ticket is created 3 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.00 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi Jamal

Many thanks for your response, well I will follow your instructions.

I noticed one other issue, actually the search / filter fields on the following page has some issues with dropdown menus.
When I select an option from first filter, the size of field in css becomes smaller (please check the screenshots) and try yourself once.

hidden link

waiting for your kind response.

Thank you

Arshad

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Arshad,

when the view first loads, the search filters are transformed to Select2 controls. Probably by the theme or a view Javascript code. But after the selection, they become regular select controls.
hidden link

Can you check with a default theme such as Twenty-twenty and let me know which controls do you get?

Hi

Thank you for your email, I did check with other browser and theme, the problem is still there,, even I checked in smart devices like cell phones.

Can you please check

Thank you

Jamal
Supporter

Adding the following Javascript code to the view will make sure that every time the search form is updated, the dropdown select fields are converted to be select2.

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_form_updated', function( event, data ) {
	/**
	* data.view_unique_id (string) The View unique ID hash
	* data.view_changed_form (object) The jQuery object for the View form after being updated
	* data.view_changed_form_additional_forms_only (object) The jQuery object containing additional forms from other instances of the same View inserted using the [wpv-form-view] shortcode
	* data.view_changed_form_additional_forms_full (object) The jQuery object containing additional forms from other instances of the same View inserted using the [wpv-view] shortcode
	*/
	jQuery('select.js-wpv-filter-trigger').select2()
});

Check the following screenshot on how to add custom Javascript code to the view hidden link

I hope this helps. Let me know your feedback.

Hi Jamal

I really really appreciate your sincere help, thank you soooo much dear..

Only last thing,,, when we open the landing page of Virtual Tours in smart devices, the element of embedded code (iframe) is looking so long in height that looks bad 🙁

hidden link

Can you please help me how can I control height and width of these 360 views (iframes) in small devices ?

Thanking in advance

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/landing-page-on-smart-devices/

Jamal
Supporter

Awesome 🙂 However for support rules we are able to handle only one issue at the time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed.
I created another ticket for that and I'll be posting my replies there.

Kindly mark this ticket as resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.