Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I created template for custom type single post but still old temp is still showi

This support ticket is created 3 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
toolset.JPG

Actually I am very beginner, I bought Toolset only for 2 reasons, one is custom template and second custom search.

I created on custom type of VIRTUAL TOURS where I need to show 360 view of property (house, Office etc).

Please help me how can I show embeded code of 360 view including <frame> tags etc in a nice way. I want to show these 360 views in replacement of featured image OR 360 views (embeded codes) should be shown as grid like 3 or 4 column in place of image and then down its name and other information, please guide me how can I do it.

Secondly, I tried to create a custom template for single post (vitural tour) but when I refresh to view the result, it shows the old template of the theme that I am using for current website. I want to show my own created template (screenshot attached)

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes I tried it and also watched some VDOs on youtube, but I could not find my solution plz accept my aplogies

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

and this is example of 360 Virtual Tour page that I want to show in my website by embading code
hidden link

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate your prompt response.

Deep regards

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Muhammad and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Congratulations, you seem to have already integrated the 360 view inside this virutal tour hidden link

From what I can understand about the integration of these 360 views, the integration snippet contains an iframe and a script that customize the iframe style if viewed in iPad, iPhone, and iPod. The integration is straightforward for a page that contains only one 360 view. If you want to have multiple 360 views, the snippet should be customized.

On the other hand, I am not sure if this page is hidden link built using the theme template or Toolset template, I'll need to take a closer look into your admin area, and I might need to have access to the theme code(Appearance->Theme Editor). Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

I understood from your message that you want to display 3 or 4 columns, do you mean to display a virtual tour with 360 view in each column?

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. I logged into your website and I have an idea about it.

First, you have copied the embed code directly on the virtual-tour content here hidden link
I will not suggest that. Instead, I have seen that you copied the URL of the 360° view in a custom field. That is good.

Now, you will need to have a way to include an iframe that will pull the information from the custom field. I would suggest installing this plugin, even though I did not test it, https://wordpress.org/plugins/iframe/
Then you can insert a shortcode on your layout when you will want to display the 360° view:

[iframe class="view-360" src="[types field='url-for-360-view' output='raw'][/types]"]

If you look at the plugin documentation, we can use attribute width and height if we want.
Notice that I used the attribute class (class="view-360"), because I will use this class to implement the other part of the embed code that applies different styling for iPad/iPhone/iPod. Add the following code to your layout Javascript section:

jQuery(function($){
	$('.view-360').each(function(){
		var viewer = this;
		viewer.style.width = getComputedStyle( viewer ).width;
		viewer.style.height = getComputedStyle( viewer ).height;viewer.setAttribute( "scrolling", "no"); 
	})
})

Please check this first, once you get it done, we can work on the page that will display all the tours.
Let me know what you will get.

scree2.JPG

Dear Jamal
Greetings!

I am very happy to learn the things professionally by your assistance, thank you soooo much.

Yes I have downloaded the plugin and have done all of your instructions successfully. Please check one of them:
hidden link

Now I am waiting for your next help regarding custom template for individual 360 view page in a nice look 🙂
I don't want the template that is in attached screenshot.

Thank you Jamal for your kind assistance, I really appreciate 🙂

Deep regards.

Arshad

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/embed-360-view-and-use-toolset-template/

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Arshad and thank you for your feedback. Congratulations for the list page, I can see that you have displayed all tours with the 360 view on this page hidden link

However, for support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at the time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason, I have created another ticket and I'll be posting my reply on it https://toolset.com/forums/topic/embed-360-view-and-use-toolset-template/

I'll kindly ask you to mark this ticket as resolved.

s2.JPG
s1.JPG

Hi Jamal

Many thanks for your response, well I will follow your instructions.

I noticed one other issue, actually the search / filter fields on the following page has some issues with dropdown menus.
When I select an option from first filter, the size of field in css becomes smaller (please check the screenshots) and try yourself once.

hidden link

waiting for your kind response.

Thank you

Arshad

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/search-filters-changes-style-after-selection/

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Arshad,

I created a new ticket because I believe it is a different issue. I'll be relying on it.

Let's keep this ticket for the list view with 360 views embedded.

Thank you,
Jamal

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.