Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search filter duplicate

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Capture d’écran 2019-02-28 à 10.56.27.png

••• I am trying to •••
I build a search for different shops and I need to separate the filter from the results with a map.
In my page i use those shortcode :

[wpv-form-view name="points-de-vente" target_id="self" cached="off"]
[wpv-view name="points-de-vente" view_display="layout" cached="off"]

Half of the time, the results display gave me also the filter so I have a duplicate of those filter and map. All of the time, when I press the reset button at the bottom of the map ( réinitialiser la recherche ), this duplicate shows. Also, hitting this reset button don't reset the whole thing. The argument in the URL stays mostly the same as with the filter :

Before reset
?wpv-produits-offerts=tribe-en-fut&wpv_aux_current_post_id=552&wpv_view_count=540-TCPID552

After reset
?wpv-produits-offerts=detaillants&wpv_aux_current_post_id=552

••• Link to a page where the issue can be seen •••
hidden link

Hello,

This is a known issue when you split a post view with AJAX search feature into different places, it will conduct unexpected result as you mentioned above.

And it has been put int our to-do list of Views plugin version 2.8, but I am not sure when will it be released.

Currently, I suggest you try one of below options:
1) Disable AJAX search feature
2) Or don't split the search form and search result, output them into one singe shortcode, for example:
[wpv-view name="points-de-vente"]

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.