Skip Navigation

[Resolved] custom fields names not displayed with view’s filter select dropdown

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
custom fields names not displayed with view's filter select dropdown

Solution:
The default limit to display the custom fields within the filter dropdown select that displays the custom fields names is 512. You can max display 512 custom fields.

If you want to change the default limit - You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/search-files-attached-to-a-post-type/page/2/#post-626179

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by bouchairY 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
doc_offer.jpg

Hello
I have a view wich list some offers and each offer has some files (pdf, doc ...) attached to it (via ACF Pro)

I want to make a custom search by words in files title and display correspondant offers

Is it possible to do it ?

Thank you for your help

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - we offer relevanssi integration with view's but it will only support text field, multiline and WYSWYG fields.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/searching-texts-custom-fields-views-relevanssi/#which-custom-fields-can-i-add-to-relevanssis-index-with-toolset

Could you please check if you able to make it work using above integration.

Hello
My metafields are created using ACF Pro
I have Relevanssi premium plugin but don't see
How I can use it to search my title files

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

ahh - then it would be more complicated then I think. I would love to help you further but I need to check first if its possible or not.

- Have you added the search to your view?
- Could you please share problem URL and access details with one search keyword and what is your expected output.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked on your install and I see that you are using repeating field from ACF pro and there is no native way to share any solution with you.

This needs pure custom programming which is beyond the scope of our support policy, If you need custom programming for your project, please feel free to contact our certified partner.
=> https://toolset.com/contractors/

metafields.jpg

Hello
I'm creating some metafields related to my custom post type "Offer" : type_de_doc, objet, book, stay
I have found a new solution to my problem but for the moment The "Loop Output Editor" don't display my newly created metafields : type_de_doc, objet, book, stay

I don't understand why !

Thank you for your help

Minesh
Supporter

Well - the difference here is that how ACF and Types store data to database. Types stores all custom field data to postmeta table using standard WordPress API like metakey and metavalue.

As I also confirm that the fields you are using are repeating fields so there is no native way to access the data. Do you see the values are available when you edit your post for the newly created metafields : type_de_doc, objet, book, stay?

Hello

Please see here :
hidden link
I have 23 metafields
They are displayed in Views except the last created ones : type_de_doc_new, objet_new, book_new, stay_new
wich are a simple text meatfield NOT repeater

I think it is a bug on Views plugin, I have some repeaters metafield which are dsiplayed in Views why simple text metafields are not displayed ?

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

If its not repeater field let me check this again as on the post edit link you shared with me before was showing index for field.

Could you please share problem URL where you used to display the view and for which entry it's not displaying the content?

Hello

The problem is in the view : SEARCH NEW
hidden link

If you try to add a new filter in the Filter Editor, you will not found the metafields mentionned before to filter by them

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I can see the stay_new, book_new, object_new fields are not available at view's query filter section - I confirm.

I'm bit confuse here - I see you did not installed Types plugin - so does it used to work before without Types plugin and I see the other fields created using ACF under view's query filter section excluding the new fields stay_new, book_new, object_new.

If it used to work before - it should work and I need to investigate further why its not working.

Additionally:
- I see you are using outdated version of "WPBakery Page Builder" - could you please update that.
- Here are few links how you can use "WPBakery Page Builder" with Toolset
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-wpbakery-page-builder/list-posts-with-custom-searches-and-maps/
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-wpbakery-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types/

Hello

Please see this thread
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/non-types-metafields-not-listed-in-the-filter-editor/

I have had this problem before with search and was fixed without doing anything !!!

Thank you

Hi, Minesh asked me to look at this ticket since he is in a different timezone.

They are displayed in Views except the last created ones : type_de_doc_new, objet_new, book_new, stay_new
In the screenshot you provided, it looks like these are ACF fields, not managed by Types. If these fields are not managed by Types, they may not be used as Views filters. Fields must be managed by Types to be used as Views filters effectively and consistently. In the other ticket, the problem was not resolved by any changes from the Toolset team, so I'm not sure how to replicate that solution.

Hello
CAN you explain Why all existing metafields are available on filtre except the last Created ?
Normally, they are all available or all not available except if there us a bug on views plugin !!
Thank you for more investigations

A bug implies something that is supposed to work, does not work. ACF fields are not supposed to work as Views filters. I cannot explain why sometimes they work and sometimes they do not work.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.