Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search – Elementor template

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When using an Elementor template shortcode in a View, sometimes the results are not displayed.

Solution: Any time a Content Template is applied to one of the results in a View, an Elementor template shortcode will not work. It is the same reason you cannot apply a Content Template to a post and also an Elementor template.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mario 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
ab1-ue727-Capture.PNG

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Use a elementor template with in the loop output - in search results.

Nothing displays

Hi, what if you temporarily remove the Content Template shortcode and use only the Elementor template shortcode, like this:

<div class="col-sm-12">[elementor-template id="4979"]</div>

Is the template displayed as expected?

I place the above shortcode in the

Templates for this View
Still nothing is displayed

jha38 Capture.PNG

I removed the content template:
Still not displaying.

I'll be glad to take a look. Can you provide login credentials here? Let me know where the View is displayed on the front-end of the site.

Okay it seems to be related to whether or not the current post in the loop has a Toolset Content Template applied to it. For example, I temporarily set this post's Content Template to "None": hidden link

Now you can see the Elementor template appear for that post in the loop. I'm asking my 2nd tier support team to let me know if this is expected. I know there are limitations to using Elementor templates inside other Content Templates, but I'm not sure if this is a known issue. I'll let you know what I find out.

Hi Christian
Thank you for looking in to this.

After discussion with my 2nd tier team, it turns out that using an Elementor Template in a View of posts is very much like trying to use an Elementor Template in a Toolset Content Template applied directly to the post. When you combine the two types of templates like this, nothing will be displayed. In fact, it is not recommended to apply Toolset's Content Templates to a post when Elementor is used. The best practice is to use Elementor templates exclusively, as described in the documentation here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-elementor-and-toolset

Let me know if you have questions about that.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.