Skip Navigation

[Closed] Sabai Discuss use the_content to render its output. It conflicts with Layouts

This support ticket is created 8 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi

I have to use the Sabai-Discuss plugin on my site. I have tried all Q&A plugins and this one looks to be the one that does the best job.

BUT I have a huge issue.

Sabai Discuss hooks into the_content, to render its output.

This is used by Layouts as well, so each cell on my site renders the output of Sabai Discuss. I have tried to contact the developer of Sabai Discuss, but he is out of reach.

The problem is caused by Layout and Sabai both using the_content so perhaps you have seen this sort of behaviour.

hidden link

Dear henrik,

How do you render the post content?
If you are using Views shortcode [wpv-post-content], you can add attribute suppress_filters=’true’ in the shortcode, like this:
[wpv-post-body view_template="None" suppress_filters="true"]

More help:
suppress_filters (opt):
'true' | 'false' (default)
If suppress_filters=’true’, all third party (non WordPress) filters hooked into the_content filter will be removed, when retrieving the post body. In certain circumstances, plugins using this filter can add duplicated content to the post body – removing the filters can resolve this problem.
https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body

The topic ‘[Closed] Sabai Discuss use the_content to render its output. It conflicts with Layouts’ is closed to new replies.