Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Ride Contact filter issue

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lesleeM 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Confirmed that the phone field is now working. I did have to change the Relationship from One-to-Many to Many-to-Many and the problem was my lack of understanding of how to establish the relationship that I now fully get. So this one is resolved.

Should I now create a new ticket for the Ride Contact filter issue? Or do you want to break off my previous posts into a new ticket on your end?

I'll mark this one as resolved after I get your reply.

relationship-filter4.jpg

Hello,

Please elaborate the question with more details: having the Ride Contact field as a filter for end users

I assume we are talking about the post view "Rides by Date":
hidden link

It is querying "Rides" posts, are you going to do this:
Add a search field, filter the result by another post type "Ride Leaders"

If it is, you can add a post type relationship in it, for example:
in section "Search and Pagination", click button "New Filter"-> Post relationship or repeatable field groups owner
select the post type relationship between "Rides" and "Ride Leaders", see my screenshot relationship-filter4.jpg

It works fine in frontend, for example:
hidden link

AWESOME!!! This is perfect! Thinking about it more, it's probably better filtering on Ride Leader as opposed to Ride Contact because that way the Ride Sweeps can also be included in the filtering possibilities.

This was the one that had me most concerned that we might have to scrap the Ride Leader Ride Count functionality that took so much previous effort to set up by Waqar. So that has now been saved. THANKS SO MUCH!!! Sigh of relief here.

Now there is just one remaining issue with all of this that I've kept in the previous ticket for now. That issue will not force us to scrap the Ride Leader Ride Count functionality, but will provide something our director has indicated would be very helpful to him with it. So I hope we can still get that to work. I'll mark this one as resolved, but look back in the previous ticket for how you want to handle the other remaining issue.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.