Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Revising custom post name — impact on parametric search

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

The parametric search that I've been using for years without any problem needs slight revision. It's been so long, I can't remember what's what!

We just changed the custom post type on this site -- previously, it was colleges, and now it's member-schools.

The parametric search isn't showing the right results anymore, and I think there might be adjustments that need to happen, but I'm not sure what/where.

In the View for the search, in the Loop Editor, I'm seeing the word "college" and an id of "$colleges" -- I'm thinking maybe these need adjusting somehow? (See below.)

Do I need to revise anything else anywhere else? (I already changed the Post Type info.)

You can see the dev site here: hidden link

What it's showing now are the Programs that match up to the search parameters -- but I want to show the Member Schools associated with these Programs instead.

FROM LOOP EDITOR:

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-items-found]

<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
    <wpv-loop>
    [heading condition="college" value="[wpv-post-title id='$colleges']"]

• [wpv-post-link id='[wpv-post-id id="$colleges"]']
  • [/heading]
    </wpv-loop>
    <!-- wpv-loop-end -->

[/wpv-items-found]
[wpv-no-items-found]
[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No schools found that match all of your selections.[/wpml-string]
[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

With the information you shared, it looks like you are using the legacy relationship and really old Types plugin version.

We publish the Types 3.0 with the new many to many relationships and we have added the number of new features to this major release more than a year ago.

Please check the following blog:
=> https://toolset.com/2018/05/toolset-post-relationships-release/
=> https://toolset.com/2018/05/when-if-to-migrate-relationships-in-old-toolset-sites/

Based on the description you shared how you try to display the parent, you must be using the outdated Toolset plugins. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

I suggest you should update ALL Toolset plugins manually for now.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
- Deactivate and Delete all Toolset plugins from the plugins page
- Download ALL the latest Toolset plugins you require from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
- Upload and activate first Types plugin and then you are free to install and activate all other Toolset plugins using the inbuilt installer.

Please try to follow the following Doc once you have Types plugin installed and activated and the site key is registered.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-and-register-toolset/#automatic-installation-once-you-have-types-plugin-installed

Once you are done with updates, there might need to change the shortcodes where you are displaying the parent. Plese let me know if you need any further help.

Hi Minesh.

The site is updated monthly -- it currently has Toolset Types version 3.3.5 and Toolset Views version 2.9.4.

The parametric search that's set up was rather complex, and took a lot of time and effort (with Toolset Support's assistance) to put together. It's for a client site, so I need the functionality to stay the same.

And I'm not looking to spend a lot of time migrating it. The post about migration says "For old sites that you already delivered and are working, there’s no real need to run this migration."

How do I address my issue here given what you've said? Can you answer my original question, please? If all I did was change the name of the post type, what needs to be revised to get the parametric search results to still work?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Ok - As you confirm that you are using the latest Toolset plugins and you did not migrate to the new relationship and using the legacy one.

I ran a test where I've setup a site with a legacy relationship with post types and created a view and display the parent. Where I've created student (parent) and student-reviews (child) post types. At this moment I'm displaying the parent post title using the legacy relationship way;

[wpv-post-title id="[wpv-post-id id='$student']"] 

Then on this same site I've installed and activated the latest Toolset plugins, Types version 3.3.5 and Toolset Views version 2.9.4. I did not migrate to the new relationship.
- Now, I've changed the parent post type from student to qualified-student. And modified the code as given under;

[wpv-post-title id="[wpv-post-id id='$qualified-student']"] 

And its working as expected. That means you need to change the $colleges to $member-schools.
(Please make sure that you are using correct slug)

You need to check for your any custom code as well and need to make changes accordingly where applicable as I'm not sure what custom code you are using.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.