Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Restrict Access by Taxonomy

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aaronM-9 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have a custom taxonomy setup for posts called 'Access Control' and I will need to restrict access to pages based on the value of the taxonomy. For example, any post with the term 'Tier-1' will require the user be in a particular role. Is there a way to do this with Toolset Access? At first, I thought you could because there is a section for taxonomies, but I'm realizing that's not the case. The post grouping seems like the closest thing but you can't automatically group by taxonomy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

- Aaron

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Actually, you can control the Taxonomy for backend access using the Access not for the case as you described.

You can display the content conditionally based on the conditional statement offered by Toolset where you can compare the current user role and current post taxonomy term using conditional statement.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/conditional-html-output-in-views/

Okay, so I'm going to have to put in manual conditional statements inside my pages. Really, you could do this for any of the other functions of Access as well, but Access is supposed to be the more convenient option for controlling access throughout the site. I will add this as a feature request since I think it would be valuable to your customers and a lot cleaner than having to put in a bunch of conditional statements sprinkled all over the website.

- Aaron

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.