Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Restrict acces to bbpress user page with Access

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pat 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Pat

Hello,

I'm using a site with bbpress and Toolset Access.
I have restricted access for all bbpress forums thanks to Toolset Access and this is fine.
The issue I have is that I cannot restrict access to bbpress user page (there is no postype related with it).
Is there a way to set a restriction to this king of page with Toolset Access?

Regards
Pat

Hello, you might be able to use Access's Custom Role editor to manage capabilities for bbPress, but I'm not a bbPress expert so I'm not sure which capabilities must be granted in order to allow or restrict access to profile pages. That's something you would need to discuss with the bbPress support team. Once you know which capability or capabilities are responsible, you can manage those capabilities per User role in Toolset > Access Control > Custom Roles.

Pat

Hi Christian,

Thanks for coming back.
In fact, this is the contrary. I need to block all pages except for author's role. This is fine for standard WP postypes but I cannot find the way to manage the bbpress user page with Toolset Access.

Any idea?
Regards
Pat

I cannot find the way to manage the bbpress user page with Toolset Access.
Right, as I said, this is not a public post type so you cannot manage it in Toolset > Access Controls > Post Types. You can only manage individual capabilities for each User role. The bbPress team would be able to tell you which capabilities must be added or removed to manage restriction of the user page.

Pat

Hi Christian,

Understood, I have created a hook in order to redirect users not author to the home page when they try to access bbpress pages.
Thanks
Pat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.