Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Request to display parent info in Child Post Type list as a columns.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Juan 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author
chapter_backend.jpg
chapter-post.jpg

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have custom post type "Program" with child post type "Chapter", program is a program series contain several TV program chapters, I select the custom fields to be showed in Post Type list as a columns but no custom field from parent field can be showed.

It is very common to have similar name of the chapter under different program. It is not easy to know which program (the parent post) the chapter (child post) belong to.

Is it possible to have the parent custom field or parent title to be showed in the Post Type list in WordPress Admin? If can't, I strongly recommend Toolset to consider this feature in future version.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Kelvin

Thanks for the feedback.

We are currently planing a massive improvement effort for post relationships, including better GUIs and APis. I see that your request makes a lot of sense: since you can display fields and taxonomies as columns, you should be able to display also data for the parent on a give parent post type.

I am adding your idea to our internal tracking system as a feature request. Oyr deveopers will evaluate the best action to do and eventually include this on Types. I can not provide an ETA, of course, but as I said this makes a lot of sense.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.