Skip Navigation

[Closed] Request to add shortcode support for WooCommerce Memberships plugin

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Raja Mohammed.

Author
sv-test-shortcode snippet.png

This is a continuation of ticket https://toolset.com/forums/topic/pagination-in-views-breaking-woocommerce-membership-restriction-shortcodes/

I spoke with the developers of WooCommerce Memberships. They are asking if you guys could investigate adding shortcode support for WooCommerce Memberships plugin shortcodes [wcm_restrict] and [wcm_nonmember].

Here is what the dev wrote me:
I've done a bit more testing and some research about the Toolset plugin and it does look like only specific shortcodes are executed during AJAX calls. I discovered that the Toolset plugin has its own custom code snippets tab where you can add code that you want to run within Toolset. These also specifically have a checkbox to run the code after an AJAX call.

To test this out, I added the same [sv-test-shortcode] snippet here and made sure to enable the AJAX option.

See screenshot.

After doing it this way, the "This is a SkyVerge test shortcode string." line did show up after switching to the next page. Here is a quick video to show this in action:

hidden link

Long story short, it looks like the [wcm_restrict] and [wcm_nonmember] shortcode support will need to be added by the Toolset developers, I'm afraid. Would you please reach out to them with these findings and see if this is something they can investigate?

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

I would recommend checking the issue without Ajax pagination if the issue still persists, May be you can try to register the shortcodes Go to Toolset->Settings and click on the Front-end Content tab. Look for the section called Third-party shortcode arguments: Add the shortcodes [wcm_restrict] and [wcm_nonmember].

If the issue still persists, may be we need to check this in more detail on how the shortcode is handled by the WCM plugin. For that purpose i am creating a test site try to reproduce the issue there (you can have a simple view with minimal work). Toolset is already installed in the test site feel free to activate and setup in a way that is required.

Link to test site : hidden link

let me know once done.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Request to add shortcode support for WooCommerce Memberships plugin’ is closed to new replies.